Beauty ideals have changed substantially over the last few years, and these days there is much more emphasis placed on achieving a look that shows off a fit, healthy and muscular physique – even for women.
There has been an undeniable shift in the way women perceive their own bodies, with an increasing number of women heading for the gym and seeking out weight-training exercises.
More and more women are discovering increasingly popular “fitspiration” Instagram accounts which emphasize the importance of being #strongnotskinny.
So without further ado, here are 23 astoundingly buff women who will have you going weak at the knees.
1. Locker room selfies are a must when you’re this ripped
This woman is brimming with confidence.
2. Look at those rock-hard abs
And some sick tattoos just to top of it all off.
3. No one does the strong woman pose better than this gal
4. The absolute epitome of sexy, strong women
5. Who wouldn’t don a cropped hoodie if they looked like this?
6. A lady who likes to wear heels during a workout
7. Those legs really are two in a million
8. With a body like that, tiny gym-wear is a must
9. Doing an intensive workout releases plenty of endorphins
10. Whoever said chunky legs were a bad thing?
11. A body like that has got to be lethal
12. Strength and sexiness go hand in hand
13. This woman embodies the word “fierce” entirely
14. Being dedicated to your health, fitness and wellbeing is something to strive for
15. Those veins are practically bursting at the seams
16. The best kind of gym pose
17. From the neck up she looks delicate and angelic
18. She’s thick in the best kind of way
19. Long flowing hair and a banging bod
20. Wouldn’t you wear a skimpy bathing suit if you looked like this?
21. She’s a blond bombshell with strength in spades
22. It must be awesome posing for photos purely because you have an awesome body
23. “Better bodies”
Now we’ve given you plenty of evidence so never let it be said that ultra muscular women can’t be sexy. I mean, women who aim to build up their physical strength to the absolute max are pretty inspirational and insanely confident.
And of course, strength comes in all shapes and sizes and even simply a strong mind is something to strive for.