Have you ever noticed that we don’t really know much about the lives of really rich people? We have no idea why they have a private plane and a villa on a tropical island but yet they wear old clothes. We may suppose this is all because they’re greedy or they’re afraid of being tracked by any special services. But actually, there’s something else.
An influential friend once explained this situation to me. He said that real success is not about boasting and showing off. For example, his daughters only learned that he had always had a private plane when they turned 30.
My granny always told me, “If you want to avoid the envy of others, love silence.”Nobody should know about your life, dreams, achievements, your ways of becoming successful, your failures. You don’t have to explain anything to anyone.
This refers not only to your happiness but to your goals as well. If you announce your plans and wishes, it’ll probably be hard to realize them. Your dreams wouldn’t be so attractive for you because you told people about them, and your friends were already impressed. You’ll lose motivation to do anything long term.
- You don’t need to shout your happiness on Facebook to be happy.
- You don’t need to show you’re depressed in order to fix something.
- You don’t need to tell everyone about your dreams and goals to achieve them.
- You don’t need your friends’ approval to start moving on.
- You don’t need to promote your life on Instagram to show you’re worth something.
- You don’t have to explain and prove your success.
- You need more silence.
You’ll see how happy, independent, and calm you’ll become! And most importantly, you’ll achieve all of your goals.