Where would we be today without testicles? I’ll tell you what, porn wouldn’t be the same. Or even around? I guess lesbians watching lesbos could still go down. This isn’t the point. You are here for some facts about your balls, nut sack, and family jewels.
7. SQUEEZING TESTICLES TOO TIGHT CAN CAUSE THE BODY TO RELEASE A DEADLY AMOUNT OF ADRENALINE.
8. The word avocado derives from the Aztec word for testicle.
9. For most men, their left testicle hangs lower than the right.
Being unsymmetrical means they take up less space.
10. The largest scrotum on record belonged to 49-year-old Wesley Warren, who died from a heart attack last year.
11. In the Middle Ages, men who wanted sons would sometimes have their left testicle chopped off because they thought the right testicle made male sperm, and the left made female.
12. Testicle derives from the Latin word testis, meaning ‘witness’.
13. THE BUILT-UP PRESSURE IS WHAT CAUSES “BLUE BALLS.”
14. In pre-biblical times men sometimes placed their hand on another man’s testicles when swearing an oath, because the testicles gave witness to a man’s virility.
15. In 16th century Europe, women weren’t allowed to sing in Roman Catholic church choirs so of course the logical thing to do instead was cut off boys’ balls before their voices broke.
These boys, called castrati, were appreciated by classical composers such as Mozart and some became major celebrities.
16. NATIVE WOMEN FROM NEW BRUNSWICK, CANADA, USED TO BREW TEA WITH BEAVER TESTICLES. THESE WOMEN BELIEVED IT WORKED AS A CONTRACEPTIVE.
17. There are various theories on why men have external testicles – the most widely-believed being to do with the fact a cooler temperature improves sperm production.
But for many other mammals, including elephants, aardvarks and anteaters, their balls are up inside their bodies, by their kidneys.
18. TESTICLES CAN ALMOST DOUBLE IN SIZE DURING SEX.