1. Human bone is as strong as granite. Bone equal to size of a matchbox can withstand the weight of 9 tons – that is, four times more than concrete!
2. The lungs contain over 300,000 million capillaries (tiny blood vessels). If they spread from place to place, overall width would amount to 2,400 kilometers.
3. When you sleep, you grow by about 8mm. The next day you lose this height. The reason is that the discs of cartilage squeeze like a sponge when you stand or sit.
4. The largest organ in the body is the skin. Adult covers about 1.9 m2. The skin is constantly renewed – in the life of the average person, about 18kg of skin will be discarded and replaced by a new one.
5. Nerve impulses travel to and from the brain at a speed of 274 kilometers per hour.
6. Blood travel 96,540 kilometers through the body of the average person. Every day! Length of the Earth’s equator is about 40,070 kilometers. According to the publication posted on the Franklin Institute, it is estimated that all the blood vessels in the human body, if could be stretched from beginning to end, would surrounded the Earth four times. This means that the adult body contains about 160,000 kilometers of arteries, veins and capillaries!
7. Babies are born with 350 bones, while adults have 206. While growing up some of the bones gets connected.
8. We all know that every person has a unique fingerprint, but the fact is that we also have the unique tongue print. Also looking at the tongue color and shape you can learn much about your body health (see the picture below).
9. It is estimated that brain produces 70,000 different thoughts during the day.
10. The eyes receive approximately 90 percent of all information, and that basically makes us visual creatures.