Advertisements

Be Unique. Be Great.

10 Memorable Bernie Sanders Quotes

1) Poverty  

poverty

When Bernie Sanders announced he wanted to run for president, the world had mixed opinions. Republicans laughed and said he was too liberal (for the record, he’s more socialist than liberal). Democrats cheered – except the ones supporting Hillary Clinton. Residents of other countries praised Sanders for wanting a living wage and universal healthcare – benefits already in place in other parts of the world.

Whether you love Sanders or hate him, you might agree that he’s made some unforgettable statements. Here are 10 of the most memorable Bernie Sanders quotes, starting with this one about a living wage:

“Nobody who works 40 hours a week should be living in poverty.”

2) Veterans  

vets-e1463151798618

Bernie Sanders supports the men and women who fight to protect America. He believes our country should treat them with respect and ensure that they always have their needs met. Veterans should never end up homeless, hungry, or unable to obtain medical care.

Bernie Sanders says, “If you can’t afford to take care of your veterans, then don’t go to war.”

3) Health Care  

health-care-e1463152073970

It makes Bernie Sanders upset to hear about people who are unable to afford to visit doctors, undergo much-needed medical procedures, or buy prescription drugs. He believes everyone deserves medical care, regardless of age, gender, or income.

“Health care must be recognized as a right, not a privilege,” says Bernie Sanders.

4) Democracy

Bernie-Billionaires-e1463152297535

Bernie Sanders doesn’t hesitate to call out the nation’s 1% when it comes to presidential elections where money means more than skills.

“American Democracy is not about billionaires being able to buy candidates and elections,” states Bernie Sanders.

Side note: Some folks believe Sanders’ quote about American Democracy is a subtle dig at Hillary Clinton, but we can’t confirm or deny this accusation.

5) Wealth Distribution    

wealth-e1463152385910

Bernie Sanders is well aware that wealth distribution is a mess in America. He often references the top 1% of the nation, then mentions how the remaining 99% struggle to afford basic necessities such as food, shelter, and medicine.

“A nation will not survive morally or economically when so few have so much, while so many have so little,” warns Bernie Sanders.

6) We’re #1    

Number-One-e1463152698298

America is #1 in several areas, but Bernie Sanders reminds us that this isn’t exactly a brag-worthy accomplishment.

“Today, the United States is number one in billionaires, number one in corporate profits, number one in CEO salaries, number one in childhood poverty, and number one in income and wealth inequality in the industrialized world,” says Bernie Sanders.

7) Gay Rights    

gay-rights-e1463152829184

Bernie Sanders is a vocal support of the LGBT community, and he’s sick of the discrimination that exists against folks who aren’t in heterosexual relationships.

“Incredibly, today in many states, it is still legal to fire someone for being gay. This is unacceptable and must change,” says Sanders.

8) Tuition-Free College    

tuition-free-college-e1463153180286

Bernie Sanders knows many successful countries provide tuition-free college and doesn’t understand why America has expensive universities and insane interest rates on student loans.

Bernie Sanders, says, “If Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and many more provide tuition-free college…we should be doing the same.”

9) The War on Drugs  

Drugs-e1463153188691

Bernie Sanders is tired of the war on drugs and feels America has bigger fish to fry.

“Too many Americans have seen their lives destroyed because they have criminal records as a result of marijuana use. That’s wrong,” says Sanders.

10) Women’s Rights  

womens-rights-e1463153522129

Bernie Sanders is a pro-choice candidate who thinks men do not have the right to tell women what to do with their bodies.

“We are not going back. Not only are we not going to retreat on women’s rights, we are going to expand them. We are going forward, not backward,” states Sanders.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Translate »