1) Cheesy Bagel And Chicken Pizza
This recipe combines your child’s two favorite things to eat bagel and pizza. You can make this dish at your child’s birthday party or for dinner. You can even have your child help you out in the kitchen.
This recipe is so easy to prepare that even your children can prepare it. Try making this mouthwatering recipe for your family today!
- 2 plain bagels (sliced in half)
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup of rotisserie chicken breast (shredded)
- 1/2 cup of marinara sauce
- Preheat your boiler.
- Put the sliced bagels on it. Place them cut side up on a baking sheet.
- Broil them for about 2 minutes.
- Take 2 tbsp of marinara sauce and spread it on each half of the bagel.
- Place 1/4 cup of chicken breast on the bagel followed by putting 1/4 cup of cheese on it.
- Broil each bagel for another 2 minute.
- Serve hot.
2) Sausage Strata With Sweet Potato
Children and adults both like fries with their sausage. However, have you ever eaten sausage with sweet potatoes before? If not, you should try it now.
Serve this to your children and watch them ask for seconds!
- 6 oz. of Italian bread (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 1/2 tsp of olive oil
- 6 oz. of raw chicken breakfast sausage
- 3 oz. of Monterey Jack cheese (divided and shredded)
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and put the bread on the baking sheet.
- Bake the bread for about 20 minutes, stirring only once. Cool the bread on the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Use a fork to pierce the potato, place it in a bowl, and put the bowl in the microwave on high for about 8 minutes.
- Allow it to cool down for about five minutes.
- Peel and cut the potato into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat, add oil to it, and spread it to coat the pan.
- Put the sausage in the pan and cook it for about 6 minutes. Stir the sausage to crumble it.
- Put the potato, bread, half sausage, and half cheese into a bowl.
- Add milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, and eggs into another bowl and use a whisk to stir and combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the ingredients into the bread mixture.
- Toss it and put it aside for about 20 minutes.
- Place the mixture into a ceramic baking dish and spray cooking spray to coat it.
- Add the remaining sausage and cheese into the dish, cover the pan with foil, and coat it with cooking spray.
- Bake it at 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes at the same temperature.
- Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes and then serve with maple syrup.
3) Toasted Apple On Toast
Stop giving your children applesauce to eat, as they must be tired of eating it, as you must be tired of making it. Prepare something new like toasted apple on toast.
The warm taste of the apple and the crunchy taste of the bread will be a refreshing change for their taste buds.
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 large apple, (cored and sliced)
- Set your oven to broil.
- Spread butter on only one side of the bread.
- Place the slices of apple on the buttered side of the whole wheat bread.
- Add cinnamon on top of the bread and place them on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.
4) Baked Ziti
- 1 pound of ziti pasta
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 pound of ground beef (lean)
- 2 jars of spaghetti sauce
- 6 oz. of provolone cheese (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 6 oz. of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Add salted water to a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add pasta to it and cook it for about 8 minutes.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onions over medium heat.
- Add pasta to the pot and simmer it for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread butter in a baking dish.
- Layer the 1/2 of the pasta, the provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 of the sauce mixture, the remaining pasta, mozzarella cheese, and the rest of the sauce mixture in the pan.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of it.
- Bake it for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Serve warm.
5) Broiled Parmesan Tilapia
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of butter (softened)
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of dried basil
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp of onion powder
- 1/8 tsp of celery salt
- 2 pounds of tilapia fillets
- Preheat the broiler.
- Line the broiling pan with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, add butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and mix.
- Season it with onion powder, celery salt, dried basil, and mix.
- In the pan, arrange the fillets.
- Broil the fillets for about 2 to 3 minutes, keeping them a few inches away from the heat.
- Broil the other side of the fillets for a few minutes.
- Remove the fillets and cover them with the cheese mixture.
- Broil them for another 2 minutes.