1. Gold on Earth came from colliding dead stars.
It’s collision of neutron stars in space that creates gold in the universe.
What is so special about this metal that makes it so valuable? Can anything happen to make gold become worthless? Why does it have such a power over people? Read these 20 interesting facst to learn more about gold right now.
2. There is a ring made from dinosaur bone, meteorite, and gold.The thing breathes with a bazallion years ago history and can become the unique present for special someone.
3. You can buy “Gold Poop Pills” for $425 each. When consumed, they will turn your poop sparkly and golden.
Would you $425 for a 22 mm pill?
4. It’s easier to find gold right after earthquakes.
Earthquakes reveal the rocks that were hidden deep in the ground.
5. A ship sank in the Alaska waters during the gold rush and as much as $260 million in gold has yet to be recovered.
The ship was called the Islander, it was sailing in the waters of Southeast Alaska in the 1890s.
6. Nobel Prize medals are solid 18K gold and weigh in at 175 grams.
On the medal you may see the face of Alfred Nobel – a Swedish chemist, engineer, innovator, and armaments manufacturer, iventor od dynamite.
7. An ancient Mayan temple has mysterious ‘goldenballs’ hidden in a secret tunnel.
Scientists still cannot explain what these orbs, found beneath the Temple of Feathered Serpent in Mexico, are for.
8. A cubic foot of gold weighs 1200lbs (544kg).
The weight of a cubic inch of gold is equal to approximate 0,7 lbs.
9. The world’s largest golden bar weighs 250 kg (551 lbs).
The bar is priced at $14 million.
10. Gold has been discovered on every continent on earth.
The largest concentration of gold is in South Africa. Johannesburg stands on the largest deposit of the precious metal!
11. Gold is edible!
Being absolutely non-toxis and tasteless it may be used for food decoration.
12. The Greeks thought that gold was a dense combination of water and sunlight.
The theory was supported by such prominent ancient philosophers as Plato and Aristotle.
13. During the fourteenth century, drinking molten gold and crushed emeralds was used as a treatment for the bubonic plaque.
People believed that plague could also be cured a leeches, human urine, excrement wearing, placing dead animals at home.
14. Our bodies contain about 0,2 milligrams of gold, most of it in our blood.
A human body (70kg) also contains 16 kilograms of carbon and 7 kilograms of hydrogen.
15. Small traces of gold have been found in the leaves of eucalyptus trees.
It could not be seen with a naked eye, only on the X-ray results.
16. More gold is recoverable from a ton of personal computers than from 17 tons of gold ore.
Silver, copper and platinum are also contained in PC.
17. Olympic gold medals only contain 1,34% of gold.
Only 6 grams of gold is contained in a gold Olympic medal.
18. Six ten-billionths of the sun is gold.
It is a mass of impressive 1,200,000,000,000,000,000,000 kgs.
19. There is enough gold in Earth’s core to coat its entire surface to a depth of 1,5 feet.
Less than 1% of all Earth’s gold has been discovered by humans.
20. In 2014 Dubai launched the program that pays children 2 grams of gold for every kilogram (2,2 lbs) of weight they lose.
The program “Your Child In Gold” launched in July 2014 is aimed at struggling obesity in the city.